WIPocalpyse 2012

Sunday 19 August 2012

Olympic/Holiday stitching

Well it is hard to believe that after all the build up  that the 2012 Olympics have been and gone.. I am so pleased though that I took my leave over those two weeks as I just couldn't get enough of them, though at times it was all getting a bit too much emotionally lol!  Well done team GB  though - you did your country proud.  Roll on 2014 when the commonwealth games are coming to Glasgow, definitely  need to get me some tickets for that..

I did leave the house at some points though, we did a couple of day trips with the kids. Headed down to The Cocoa Bean Factory which I think the kids thoroughly enjoyed. Chocolate  heaven...

Also went over to Edinburgh for the day which was fun but very busy as the festival is on and it was actually  hot. Can't remember ever being in Edinburgh  before when it was warm...


Looking over to the Scottish Parliament and Calton Hill in the distance

As for stitching I finished page 1 of my Haed QS Rapunzel.. feeling very pleased with myself for that as it was one of my goals for this year. I am desperate to start another haed but have decided that can only have three on the go at a time or they will never get done..


This week has been smalls week so dug out a biscornu I started back in the midsts of time ...this is my first go at one, really quite pleased with how it turned out.. (this is an adaptation of Victoria Sample's Jazz Tuffet pincushion, same on both sides)

Off for my morning walk now, I think a stroll down the beach seems in order.  Thanks for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. Do you find the HAED designs a bit difficult since they are over one thread? I'm contemplating trying a couple but thought I'd start small before I get into something really difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one I'm doing on 18ct aida with two threads so it is pretty easy going. Just makes it a bigger finished piece.

      Delete
  2. I have that HAED in my UFO pile. You did great finishing page 1. Mine will be coming back out.
    I also miss the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rapunzel looks gorgeous! Great job on a finish of page #1!! A mini finish as I call it! I can't believe the Olympics are over too! Went sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the cocoa bean factory!
    We are excited for the Commonwealth games too, really hope to get tickets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cocoa bean factory is down by Castle Douglas. I would definitely recommend it for a day out. Good play areas for the kids.

      Delete
  5. I love your biscornu! You did a great job. I have one started and hope to finish it one day.

    Your HAED looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure what to say about your HAED, lol, it is gorgeous but ONE would be too many for me, grin!

    Love the biscornu, very proud of you, welcome to the B club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a lot of us aremissing the olympics Maureen - there's nothing on the tele now !!
    Lovely biscorno - well done

    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great biscornu and glad you all enjoyed the chocolate factory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous biscornu - well done on getting it finished! Sulking cos I never got to see you during your hols - hope you make it up soon for a spot of lunch ... ally xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your first biscornu...so, are you addicted...thoughts of making more of these little fellows disturbing your sleep???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the finish of page 1 of your HAED, it is looking amazing. Your little biscornu is very lovely too. But what amazes me the most, as an Aussie, is how GREEN the grass is in the snap of your Scottish Parliament. By the end of summer here in Canberra, even the manicured turf around our National Parliament is more brown than green...
    Liz of Oz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The combination of a lot of rain and a little sun keeps Scotland very green lol!

      Delete
  12. Lovely progress on your HAED and you biscornu is gorgeous, congrats xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both your HAED and your biscornu. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely stitching, sounds like you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!